I love the holiday's, but they tend to be more of a marathon for my family. We have parties left and right! When we think we finally get a break from all of the festivities, New Years sneaks up on us! Today I'm going to show you how to put together a quick dessert to help bring in the New Year!
Roberts disposable bundt cake pan (available in all Roberts stores, not available online)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups pure pomegranate juice (such as POM)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your bundt cake pan with cooking spray. Be generous!
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, both sugars, baking soda and salt.
3) In a medium glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave. Mix in the cocoa. Allow the mixture to cool for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
4) Combine cocoa mixture and pomegranate juice into the dry ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are well blended. Add chocolate chips.
5) Pour into the prepared bundt pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then turn pan over onto a plate. Allow to cool completely, then sprinkle with powder sugar.
6) I used a disposable bundt cake pan from Roberts to help keep the mess to a minimum. I do a lot of baking around this time of year, and hate cleaning.
Your home is sure to be filled with the wonderful aroma of blended chocolate and pomegranate!
Now that you know how to make this delicious treat, you can start to put together an amazing dessert table for you New Years party! These look so fancy, you're guaranteed to get the 'ooooh! aaaaah!' effect!