The holidays are drawing near! It is time to start getting our homes looking more festive to get into the holiday spirit! This is Brooke from the Brookie's Baby Bargains blog and I will be showing you a fun, inexpensive and unique way to make a fun home decoration that is also festive for the holidays (but would look good year round as well in my opinion).
Vases (I bought 2 Diamond Star Glass vases from Roberts, but you can also use vases that you already have)
Tea light candles
Other festive embellishments such as pine cones, flowers, etc
1. Remove all stickers and wash vases.
2. Place rubber bands on the vases how ever you would like. I did one with straight lines and one that crossed. I like the look of the crossed lines best.
3. Spray paint the vases. (I used white spray paint). Let dry.
4. Remove the rubber bands. Cutting them off makes it easier and helps you to keep the paint from smearing or chipping.
5. Add candles, cinnamon sticks, flowers or whatever else you would like to give the decor the look that you want to achieve. I added tea light candles and cinnamon sticks for a festive holiday look. You can vary it up for different types of looks. I think I like the look with the candles inside and the cinnamon on the outside the best.
This was an affordable, easy and quick project! It only took me about a half an hour, including drying time. I spent a total of $20 on this project and that included the glass. If you already have glass or vases, you can do this project for as little as the cost of the paint. Happy holidays everyone! Come over and visit Brookie's Baby Bargains for more DIY projects, bargains, giveaways and reviews!